CuraFlo® secures certifications with various regulatory bodies to ensure that its processes and epoxies are the best and safest in the industry.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL
The following are CuraFlo's national and international certifications for CuraPoxy, its production, and application:
CuraFlo’s CuraPoxy® is certified NSF/ANSI Std. 61 by IAPMO, the government standard for safe drinking water. This standard has been in place since 1988 and has been used to certify over 12,000 products. According to this certification, CuraFlo's CuraPoxy is:
- Safe to use for drinking water
- Approved for use in pipes where the water temperature can reach up to 180°F (commercial and industrial buildings)
- Cures in 5 hours, which means water service can often be returned the same day
Certifications signifying that CuraFlo’s epoxy, CuraPoxy®, meets the standard for safe drinking water
CuraFlo Engineered Flow Lining System®, CuraPoxy, and CuraPoxy LS, meet requirements for the following:
- Codes: International Plumbing Code® (IPC), International Residential Code® (IRC). Uniform Plumbing Code® (UPC)
- Standards: LC1008, IAPMO IGC 189, ASTM D 4541, NSF 61, AWWA C12
- NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION
- Official member of the NFPA
Document that signifies that CuraPoxy is certified to meet IGC 189, the standard set by IAPMO for the internal coating of metal water pipes with an epoxy coating, and complies with the applicable sections of the Uniform Plumbing Code and the International Plumbing Code.
CuraFlo is the only epoxy lining company that manufactures all of its internal pipe epoxy coatings in its own ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facility. This ensures the highest product quality and results in epoxy coatings that meet or exceed the stringent purity requirements on products intended for contact with drinking water. They are solvent-free, 100% solid, high-build coatings that allow for fast restoration of water service and are formulated for broad-range corrosion protection.
In addition to national and international certifications, CuraFlo is also certified to meet various state and local regulations:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
CuraFlo has obtained product approval in the State of Massachusetts. CuraFlo adheres to the Massachusetts Uniform State Plumbing code as defined by the Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters for all epoxy lining project performed in the State of Massachusetts