How Much Does It Cost to Repipe a House
It’s impossible to list a fixed price for repiping a house. There are too many variables, including:
- Extent and location of any damage
- Number of fixtures (e.g. sinks, toilets, water heater, dishwasher, showers)
- House size and number of stories
- Length of pipe to be replaced
- Type of pipe being replaced
- Type and diameter of new pipe
Other considerations for repiping a house cost calculations:
- Most jurisdictions require homeowners to get a permit before they repipe their house. Permit fees will vary.
- A repiping project can take 1-6 days. While work is underway, the water is shut off. Most plumbing professionals arrange the work so that the water can be turned back on each evening. But you may incur extra incidental costs like eating out.
- You should also contact your home insurance provider prior to repiping your house. There may be changes to premiums based on the type of pipe being installed.
One thing is certain: Repiping a house is a complex project. It’s an investment in your property and family’s well-being. For that reason, you want a professional with repiping expertise and experience.
Not all plumbing companies have the skills, equipment or manpower to successfully complete a repiping project.
When searching for a repipe specialist, you’d be wise to:
- Ask neighbors and friends for recommendations
- Never pay for a quote
- Get detailed, written quotes from 2-3 specialists
- Check that the company is properly insured, bonded and licensed
- Check references
- Do an online search for consumer complaints and recommendations
- Get a written contract
- Make sure the contract indicates:
- If any work will be subcontracted
- Detailed outline of the scope of work and materials to used
- Clear start date
- Expected completion date
- Recourse for incomplete or delayed work
- If fees for permits and attending municipal inspections are included
- Who is responsible for repairing and rehabilitating access points
A reputable repiping specialist like CuraFlo will not balk at you doing your homework. We encourage our clients to fully understand the project and be confident in choosing us.
That’s why we take the time to talk to clients. We help you understand why we recommend copper repiping with type “K”, the highest grade of copper. (In some jurisdictions, by-laws require the use of copper pipe.) We also explain the unique advantages polypropylene and cross-linked polyethylene (PEX), which are the other kinds of pipe available for residential plumbing.
CuraFlo is a complete repiping specialist. We are well-equipped to work with any material of indoor or outdoor pipe including plastic, cast iron, and clay.
Our Spincast ling system makes cast iron sewer pipe repair quick and cost-effective. No-dig or trenchless sewer repair is also attractive because it can extend cast iron sewer pipe life expectancy by 50 years.
For decades, we have been the repiping specialist of choice for hospitals, apartment building owners, hotels, schools, nursing facilities, and individual homeowners. We earn and maintain our reputation one project at a time.